APRIL 26, 2020LEAVE A COMMENTON BRIT’S PICKS
As I reflect back on the past week, I’m rounding up my favorite items to share with you. From Sun hats to self-tanner, these are the items I am loving right now!
- Hanacure Mask 2. Tan Luxe–The Face 3. Agua by Agua Bendita Dragonfly Dress 4. Sarah Bray Sun Hat 5. The Sculpt Society App
The Hanacure face mask is a little bit pricey for an at-home mask at $29.99, but it is TOTALLY worth it! First of all, the packaging and way it is set up is so fun and it seems like you are doing something clinical, which I think is unique. Once you mix up the ingredients, you apply it on your face with the disposable brush they provide you and let the magic happen!
Within minutes, the gel like mask starts literally pulling your face back. It is really fun to look in the mirror throughout the process, because your face will look pretty different. Once you rinse it off, your face will look so refreshed and you will *almost* feel like you’ve just had a professional facial!
I purchased the Tan Luxe–The Face drops, a few weeks ago because I am a spray tan-addict and was getting quite pale. I was a bit skeptical and had never done at-home tanners before, but I was pleasantly surprised! For my face, I blended two drops of Tan Luxe with my Metacell Renewal B3 moisturizing gel and rubbed the two together in my hands before applying it on my face and neck.
Even though it is for the face, I wanted to see what it would look like on the rest of my body too, so I have also been blending the drops with my body moisturizer and applying it to my arms, legs and torso.
I am in love with this linen Agua by Agua Bendita Dragonfly dress! I found it in March at Moda Operendi and kept going back-and-forth about it because it is a little pricey. But luckily, Moda is offering 30 percent off of most of their styles right now with the code BEST30 and this dress was included so I took that as my sign to go ahead and get it!
This dress is just so precious to me and will be perfect for summertime! The linen is breathable, but provides coverage so the dress is not see-through and the dragonfly print is so lovely. I’m not sure if I will have any events to wear this to this summer, but it will also be perfect for having cocktails in my backyard!
Sarah Bray recently launched her beautiful sun hats with vintage ribbons and I could not be more excited for these them! Sarah is a well-established writer and editor who recently moved to Bermuda to be with her fiancée. If you follow her on instagram, you will see she has an impeccable eye for design and style and that comes through in these hats. She has not only created affordably-priced sun hats, but they are also chic and timeless. When ordering your hat, you can pick from 16 vintage ribbons to thread around the brim of the hat which is such a unique touch. You can order as many ribbons as you’d like so you can change the vibe of the hat depending on your mood or to match your outfit.
Finally, my other obsession this week is Megan Roup’s Sculpt Society. This app has been getting me through quarantine! About a month ago, I downloaded The Sculpt Society app and have been doing the workouts every day. Megan makes working out so accessible and fun and it is something I look forward to doing every day whether it is a 10-minute “quickie” dance cardio workout or a 50-minute full-body workout, you will feel so energized and refreshed when you’re done! If you don’t want to download the app, Megan has been posting live workouts on her instagram account that are great as well!
I hope you love all my picks this week!! Leave me a comment and let me know if you have tried any of these and what your favorite things are!
APRIL 23, 2020LEAVE A COMMENTON AMAZON FAVORITES: COZY AT HOME
1. Ladder Dress in Rosebud 2. Hestenve Women’s Short Sleeve V Neck Pleated Babydoll Solid Color Tunic Party Swing Mini Dress3. Tie Dye Pajama Set 4. Flower Earrings 5. Veja Sneakers 6. Ring Light Kit with Remote 7. Most Awesome Mom Mug 8. Harry and Sons Paris Black Tea 9. Bunny Ear Headband Set 10. Whish Coconut Milk And Verbena Exfoliating Foot Mask 11. Intelligent Nutrients Revitalizing Moisture Creme 12. WEI Purifying and Glow Mask Collection
As you know, I have been loving easy, flowy dresses and these two options are great options to wear at home or out to brunch whenever our lives get back to normal. I think the best part about Amazon is the fact that you can literally get anything! In one online shopping session, I buy my favorite tennis shoes, but also tea and headbands to wear while I’m doing a face mask!
Leave me a comment and let me know what your Amazon favorites are!
APRIL 21, 2020 LEAVE A COMMENT ON MOTHER’S DAY GIFT GUIDE
Mother’s Day is just around the corner! May 10th to be exact. Not only is it one of my favorite days to celebrate because of the amazing mother and grandmother I have, but it is also a great reminder of love and positivity during these difficult times.
Anna Reeves Jarvis is widely credited with founding Mother’s Day in the United States. Upon her mother’s death in May of 1905, Jarvis wanted to create a day to honor mothers and thus the celebration began. Jarvis deemed the white carnation to be the official flower of Mother’s Day.
“Its whiteness is to symbolize the truth, purity and broad-charity of mother love; its fragrance, her memory, and her prayers,” Jarvis said in a quote featured in the book, Memorializing Motherhood: Anna Jarvis and the Struggle for Control of Mother’s Day. “The carnation does not drop its petals, but hugs them to its heart as it dies, and so, too, mothers hug their children to their hearts, their mother love never dying.”
Whether it be for your partner, wife, mother, mother-in-law or grandma, I have compiled a list of gifts that will help you honor the women in your life.
- Oribe Cote d’Azur Restorative Body Crème 2. Tory Burch Color-Block Espadrille Wedge 3. The Cat’s Pajamas 4. Initial Pendant 5. A Custom Family Portrait 6. A Custom Family Portrait 7. Capri Blue Volcano Candle- Orange Dual Tone Jar 8. Wooden Spoon and Rest Set 9. Ugg Slippers 10. Family Photograph in a Beautiful Frame 11. Rose Apron 12. Kai Bath Set 13. DRYBAR Double Shot Blow-Dryer Brush 14. Monogrammed Tissue Box Cover 15. Fresh Flowers from a Local Florist
A gift is never complete without a handwritten note. Make sure to include a special message to your mom reminding her how much you love her on this special day! Leave me a comment below to let me know which gift you picked out for your loved ones and Happy Mother’s Day to all the amazing mamas out there!
Have you been wearing sweats for what seems like an eternity? In March, I was actually pretty excited to be wearing sweats every day, but now it just makes me a little bit sad. To switch things up, I’ve traded my daily sweats for flowy dresses and sweaters!
I love this tie dye dress by Dannijo. I bought it last summer and have worn it for so many different events, but have really loved wearing it around the house too. The brightness of the colors on this dress will instantly lift your spirits and the fabric is so cool and breathable. I paired it here with a beautiful Vince sweater that I also wear any chance I can get!
Last week I found this amazing Zara dress for $12.99 and have been living in it! I paired it here with my favorite Veja tennis shoes. I loved the dress so much that I also bought it in the polka dot print.
I hope you love these dresses as much as I do! Leave me a comment and let me know what you’ve been wearing to stay comfy and chic at home!
I don’t know about you, but online shopping has been such a great escape for me during quarantine and right now, Shopbop is offering 40 percent off on more than 5,000 styles! Who knows what we might need a new outfit for in the next couple of months, but it is always fun to shop and try out some new looks! Below, I have added a few of my favorites from the sale.
- Macgraw Heaven Scent Dress 2. Marchesa Notte Sleeveless Tulle Halter Dress 3. IRO Sequin Sagria Dress 4. Ulla Johnson Bettina Dress 5. Le Kasha Asymetrical Dress 6. Banjanan Bulbul Mini Dress 7. Ulla Johnson Dhalia Dress 8. Temptation Positano Napoli Long Dress 9. Alexis Liberty Dress 10. Prabal Gurung Gingham w/ CascAde and Cutout Detail 11. FARM Rio Colorful Birds Maxi Dress 12.Anais Jourden Sheer Striped Lace Skirt with Side Ruffles 13. pushBUTTON Double Ribbon Mini Dress 14. XIRENA Billie Dress 15.Alexis Rosewell Dress
- Adidas by Stella McCartney Ultraboost S. Sneakers 2. Tabitha Simmons Heli Slides 3. Stuart Weitzman Marabella Espadrilles 4.Soludos Feathers Mules 5. Stuart Weitzman Soliesse Sandals6. Vince Windell Sneakers 7. Loeffler Randall Birdie Ruffle Slides 8.Aquazzura Spicy Sandals 105mm 9. Soludos Flamingo Smoking Slipper Espadrilles 10. Giuseppe Zanotti Lav 80 Sandals11. GANNI High Western Boots 12. Loeffler Randall Leo Twisted Circle Buckle Belt 13. Oscar de la Renta Flower & Imitation Pearl Earrings 14.Cloverpost System Earrings 15. Lulu Frost 14k Gold Pisces Necklace with White Diamonds 16. Maison Irem Mantra Woven Bracelet 17. Brinker & Eliza Cara Necklace 18. Lele Sadoughi Graduated Imitation Pearl Strand Headband19. Lele Sadoughi Crystal Knotted Headband 20. Lulu Frost 14k Gold Virgo Necklace with White Diamonds 21. Santi Natural Clutch 22. Sophia Webster Patti Top Handle Bag 23. PAMELA MUNSON Petite Isla Bahia Basket Bag 24.Poolside Bags The Bobbi Ice Bucket
- Brochu Walker Kai Duster 2. GAUGE81 Casablanca Wrap Shirt 3. Marni V Neck Cashmere Cardigan 4. Markus Lupfer Mia Intarsia Lobster Sweater 5. MINKPINK Evening Knit Cardigan6. Veronica Beard Jean Bea Short Sleeve Ruffle Tee 7. ALC Cassandra Tee 8. L’AGENCE Marguerite High Rise Skinny Jeans 9. Agua by Agua Bendita Alicia Bottoms 10. Le Superbe Tequila Flocked T-Shirt 11.Markus Lupfer Alyssa Sequin Seahorse Tee
I hope you love all of the picks! Leave me a comment and let me know which ones are your favorite!